Waiting for the Ink to Dry

A series of journals describing the day in the life of Kelley Bright, an aspiring actress, director, writer and all around artist. Hiding and, more often, displaying unbecoming emotions at the most poignant times is my specialty. This should be interesting...

Thursday, February 09, 2006

South Philly One Acts

I feel bad. I love having a cast that is excited to start work on the show; I really do. Jaylon is so on top of it. He even called me today to ask about when the first rehearsal was going to be. It is so great. But I just haven't had any time to plan anything. My schedule is so full with the Philly story that it is so hard to function. I mean it. I don't get out of there until about 6:15, 6:30 every week day, which is fine. But now with the Mr. Panther stuff, One Act crap, and the growing worship leading responsibilty, I don't get to go home until 10:00 at night or later. I am not complaining; I function best under chaos, but I feel like a flake to my poor cast. This weekend I am going to get my act together. Really, I promise. Good news is I have done a lot of tech work.
Anyone have any ideas about making a large model airplane wing for my set?
So... the Philly Story.... What can I say? I get to kiss Nick Jackson... multiple times. What else can I say about it?
Actually, it has been going really well. At least, I think it is.
South Pacific read throughs have been fun. At least for me they have. I have come to the conclusion that the reason why I like the audition process is because I am super competitive, most girls are. I like the whole look around the room see the players, jab to the left feeling about it. I think that is why I like my bowling class better than I did dance. Dance was all frill. I need the spit in your face competition.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Yeah, ain't no thang. We gots hexta times to put this sheez togetha.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Seanjay said...

Hmmmm... See if there is a way that you can latch on to that cast enthusiasm: a quick read-through, show them sketches, something. Although, you don't want to do this at the expense of looking organized. A fine line...

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home